Question about leases

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Apr 17 23:35:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 02:36:10PM -0700, David W. Hankins wrote:
> And you're right, they're doing just downright silly things with
> the 'secs' field.  I can't figure it, it doesn't look like microseconds
> or clock ticks or anything (16 seconds is ~4,000 wotsits?).  It also

Huh.  Host byte order.

16 seconds is the difference between 0x9a03 and 0xab03 (well, 17).

Later it jumps to 0x0c04.

Dunno why I didn't see that when I noticed the xid was incrementing in
host byte order.

Someone at DLink doesn't know what network byte order is.

None of this should cause your problems tho (well, it will cause both
servers to answer, but that is and should be as designed).

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."