How to configure dhcp server for gigabit Ethernet & ATM clients.

abdul.shaik at wipro.com abdul.shaik at wipro.com
Thu Apr 13 11:49:40 UTC 2006

Hi

In our network setup, we have the dhcp clients installed in Gigabit
Ethernet and ATM networks.

Now I request you to guide me how my DHCP server needs to be configured
to identify a particular client

Is from Gigabit Ethernet or ATM?  Is the option 82 will help in this
case, if yes how can I use

the option 82 information?

My dhcpd.conf file needs to be satisfying the following rules.

1.  On receipt of the DHCP request, the DHCP shall check the subnet
configuration information to determine if

     this is from an ATM or Gigabit Ethernet aggregation network.

2.  On receipt of the DHCP request, the DHCP shall be able to use the
configured subnet information

    (on a per subnet basis) to associate the DHCP relay IP address with
the network type.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Abdul Rasheed.