Internet Systems Consortium is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity. We do not have a wealthy foundation, we support our work by soliciting donations and by selling technical support subscriptions for our software. Our software can be downloaded for free, however, we employ some very hardworking and dedicated engineers and they need to pay their rent. We encourage you to consider supporting and donating to ISC, and further promoting the mission of giving the world a more open and robust Internet. A few of the initiatives we plan for 2014, that you could help support, include:
- BIND maintenance releases on 9.8, 9.9 and 9.10 trains
- Development of BIND 9.11 (for release in 2015)
- DHCP maintenance releases on 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 trains
- Kea DHCP release 1.0
- Re-Written DNSSEC documentation
- Re-written DHCP v6 documentation
- Return of F-Root to Kuala Lumpur
Ways to Support ISC:
We are grateful for your donations in any amount. We typically receive anywhere from $10 to $200 donations from private individuals, and from $100 – $2000 from organizations. If you make a donation you will receive an email from us acknowledging the donation. The button below takes you to PayPal.
- We accept donations from organizations. You can mail us a check (see ‘Contact ISC’ for our mailing address). If your organization would prefer to donate via purchase order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you promptly.
- Alternatively, perhaps you can ask your employer to subscribe to our software. Many of the organizations who pay for support subscriptions do so primarily in order to support our work in maintaining and enhancing our open source software, but also want to receive advance notification of security vulnerabilities. This is a way you can support our work, but also derive a special benefit for your organization.
- Sponsored development. Our fundraising from support subscriptions and donations is generally not enough to fund development of new projects. We have had some generous sponsors in the past who have funded major projects, such as the development of the Kea DHCP server, or individual software features. If your organization has an interest in a significant new feature or new project, contact us to discuss sponsorship.
If you are using our software and share in our Open Source vision, please consider making a donation today.
Federal EIN 20-0141248
Our 2013 Annual report will be posted here when ready.
Individual Donors, 2014
Wang Eights Ronald
$200 and up Donation
Organization Donors, 2014
THANK YOU for supporting Open Source!
Friends of ISC
ISC is grateful for the support and funding of the following institutions and organizations in sustaining the efforts of promoting a better Internet and development and maintenance of ISC software and projects. Some of our sponsored projects have included BIND 10, OHGF, the Kea DHCP Server, ISC DHCP, and Open Source Routing Forum.