BIND 10 is ISC's next generation of BIND, the most widely used DNS server on the internet. In its fourth year of development, BIND 10 has reached a major milestone: the Alpha Release of the authoritative nameserver!
BIND 10 alpha is available now, with the Beta being released toward the end of 2012. The DHCP implementation and recursive resolver are both planned to enter user test later in 2013.
- To download the Alpha Release, register here. The download link will be provided after registration.
- To discuss BIND 10 with the community, join our user list: firstname.lastname@example.org
BIND 10 Alpha is a fully featured authoritative nameserver, focusing on:
- Supporting all major DNS protocol standards, including DNSSEC and DDNS
- Generic DB backend framework (currently with SQLite3)
- Fast and memory efficient in-memory backend
- Modular architecture for better customization and resilience
For more information on how to...
- ...get started testing out the software, start with the BIND 10 Guide.
- ...receive news about BIND 10, join the BIND 10 Announcement List, check out our NewsMedia, or read the BIND 10 category of the ISC Blogs.
- ...learn how to build BIND 10 on operating systems.
- ...report a bug, visit our trac website then click New Ticket at the top.
- ...join our sponsors, visit our BIND 10 Sponsors Page
- ...be a BIND 10 developer, check out the BIND 10 Wiki and make sure to join the BIND 10 Developers List.
BIND 10 is built through the generous support of our sponsors:
BIND 10 2012 Sponsors
And other generous sponsors:
- RIPE NCC
- .NZ Registry Services
- Technical Center of Internet
- BIND 10
- Other Software Projects
- security advisories
- software forums
- ABOUT ISC