Bind9 "split zones"

Taavi Ansper taavi.ansper at cyber.ee
Mon Mar 4 17:18:19 UTC 2024

Hi

Thanks for the quick response!

Answering the last question. There are two different systems where DNS names are generated from. One is actually phpipam where we generate entries from
and the second one is a virtualization platform, where we also dig in the DB to generate entries for VM-s

As I don't think we have had issues with PTR records so not having a "fix" is not an issue.

In the end the solution is not use one IP range for both use cases.

Taavi Ansper
taavi.ansper at cyber.ee