Support for clang atomic and gcc __sync builtins

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Wed Jan 31 18:21:24 UTC 2024

Hi Sharada,

To answer your question:

Because C11 that includes stdatomic is 13 years old now, and we want the BIND 9 code base to be modernized. You can’t expect the C codebases to be stuck in the past.

You can always provide your own stdatomic.h shims or even stdatomic.h implementation, you know your legacy platforms better than us. Nothing is stopping you. But it’s you (the legacy platform backed up by large corporation) who should carry the costs, not us (the open source with limited resources).

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.