consolidating in-addr.arpa data

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 15 22:21:52 UTC 2023

Hi John.
Can you tell me a bit more please?
- What zones exist in both BIND and MS DNS for something.10.in-addr.arpa?
- Where are hosts auto registering to? I'd guess MS, but it would be good
to confirm.
- What does fragmentation look like? A few real examples would be useful.
I'm trying to understand just what is the problem.
- How much of 10 do you use?
- What do you mean by "...can be published from two different DNS
services."? Could you expand on that please?
- Is there any zone transfer between BIND and MS DNS?

Thanks, Greg