license for config files

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Mon Nov 27 22:32:44 UTC 2023

Hi PJ,

I actually think those config files doesn’t come from ISC, but from a Debian packaging. You should check the place where you actually took the files from. Always! It does clearly state the copyright holders and the licenses for those files.

As a side note, the contents of these files are not novel enough to be covered by Berne conventions, but IANAL, and even if I were, asking three lawyers will give you five different answers, so it’s better to err on the safe side and use on the licenses listed in the Debian packaging.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.