in-view RPZ definitions

Lannar Dean ldd at rgnets.com
Sat Nov 11 16:55:58 UTC 2023

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm going to continue to try to find alternate solutions to my problem.  I
considered trying to use a DLZ against a postgres database, which would
avoid the slow startup times, but that also would drastically reduce the
overall performance, as well as add complexity for getting this all going.
I'm also not sure if it would actually solve my problems, since I need to
provide different responses based on which view/user population the request
comes from, and it doesn't look like the client IP is made available to any
of the SQL queries that run when querying a DLZ (except for zone
transfers), so I can't easily vary the response.  I'd also entertain any
other ideas such as somehow chaining forwarders to run the request through
a few separate server processes, each of which is configured for a specific
subset of the RPZ.  I'm not sure if this approach will work, but at this
point I'm grasping at straws.

Thanks for your help

PS - sorry for the double post to the mailing list, I wasn't sure if my
last message in this thread went through.

--

<https://www.rgnets.com/>

*LANNAR DEAN*

Director of Product Engineering