host restriction

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue May 16 16:19:10 UTC 2023

On 15.05.23 20:58, Kereszt Vezeték wrote:
>Can someone help me with the following problem ?
>I have a dns server in my private network with a local domain. The dns
>server forward the public request to the google dns server .

why? BIND server can resolve perfectly without fdorwarding anywhere.

> I wold like separate hosts in the inside network.
>One group allow only the local host resolve, not forward to the 8.8.8.8
>.Other group allow the local hosts resolve, and able to forward to the
>google dns server.
>Are there any way to solve this problem with bind9 ?
>Local subnet 192.168.1.0/24

>192.168.1.10 allow forward to 8.8.8.8
>192.168.1.11 allow forward to 8.8.8.8

>192.168.1.20 disable forward 8.8.8.8
>192.168.1.21 disable forward 8.8.8.8

And how should request from these IPs be resolved?

If really neede (see my comment above), I recommend using views for this.
Mostly because they can have separate cache.

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take
to take effect. [OK]