BIND Process failed during logrotate

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Wed Mar 22 15:25:44 UTC 2023

Peter,

> On 22. 3. 2023, at 14:40, White, Peter <pwhite at penguinrandomhouse.com> wrote:
>
>  First of all, is this script part of the normal BIND distribution, or is it part of the RHEL 7 distribution? From what I can tell, it is called weekly.

This is RH's script

>  Any thoughts on what could have caused this on two secondaries? The primary reloaded around the same time without incident.

This is ancient version patches with multiple security patches:

> running BIND 9.11.4-P2-RedHat-9.11.4-26.P2.el7_9.13

My advices would be either to talk to RedHat (if you have a support contract) or use ISC BIND 9 packages,
I would recommend upgrading straight to the latest BIND 9.18 (with proper testing, etc..).

The packages are available from:

https://www.isc.org/download/

(See the paragraph just above the table.)

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.