How to use update-policy type "external"

Vladimir Brik vladimir.brik at icecube.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 14 15:56:56 UTC 2023

Hello

I am trying to set up an "external" dynamic DNS update
policy but I can't figure out the syntax.

The documentation [1] says that the "identity" field needs
to be in the form local:PATH, but using something like the
following results in an error: "expected unquoted string
near '/'", and I don't know how to fix it.

update-policy {
     grant local:/tmp/sock external NAME txt;
};

Also, the documentation doesn't say how NAME is interpreted.
Is it ignored?

Thanks very much

Vlad

[1]