Determine parental-agents automatically

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:38:02 UTC 2023

> On Feb 27, 2023, at 8:07 AM, Matthijs Mekking <matthijs at isc.org> wrote:
>
> Consider your feature request applied ;)
>
> https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/3901

Wow - that’s great news.  Until that’s fully baked / released I have a pretty simple script I use to do this.  I generate a file per parent zone, and $INCLUDE it where needed.

https://github.com/vom513/vom-scripts/tree/master/generate-parental-agents

You will likely need to change some of the variables near the top to suit your needs.  Also you may want to comment out the end parts that do the diff and emailing if you don’t care about that.  Emails should be extremely infrequent, but personally I’d like to know if/when they change,