Requesting Update-Policy Statements Sanity Check, Please

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sat Feb 4 04:28:12 UTC 2023

You need to replace the rule type with something more appropriate for the type of update being preformed.  For the updates made by the DHCP server I would use “zonesub”.  “name” is fine for LetsEncrypt.

	update-policy {grant update-key zonesub A AAAA;};
	update-policy {grant update-key zonesub PTR;};

   ``zonesub``
       This rule is similar to subdomain, except that it matches when the name being updated is a subdomain of the zone in which the :any:`update-policy` statement appears. This obviates the need to type the zone name twice, and enables the use of a standard :any:`update-policy` statement in multiple zones without modification. When this rule is used, the ``name`` field is omitted.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka at isc.org