Requesting Update-Policy Statements Sanity Check, Please

duluxoz duluxoz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:04:59 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to configuring Bind and so it would be great if
someone(s) could just check my code re: the update-policy zone
command(s) below - thanks in advance.

For the first zone (a regular internal forward-lookup zone) I'd like to
be able to update (from Kea via ddns) the zone when a new host is
assigned/etc a DHCP lease:

update-policy {grant update-key name internal-forward-lookup.local A AAAA;};

For the second zone (a regular internal reverse-lookup zone for the
192.168.1.0/24 network) I'd like to be able to update (from Kea via
ddns) the zone when a new host is assigned a DHCP lease(obviously I've
got an equivalent IPv6 reverse-lookup zone :-) ):

update-policy {grant update-key name 1.168.192.IN-ADDR.ARPA PTR;};

For the third zone (a regular external forward-lookup zone) I'd like to
be able to update (via acme.sh/LetsEncrypt) the
_acme-challenge.example.com TXT record when a Certificate is
requested/renewed:

update-policy {grant update-key name _acme-challenge.example.com TXT;};

I've got the update-key configured and available on all the necessary
boxes, etc, and dns (for fixed IP addresses) and dhcp are working - I
just need to get these update-policy statements correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated - and again, thanks in advance

Cheers

Dulux-Oz