Installing bind on Windows 10

Ahmad Ibrahim amadib at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:31:52 UTC 2022

*Hello I'm working installing an equivalent to dig on windows and stumbled
upon the following site: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/dig-windows
<https://phoenixnap.com/kb/dig-windows>*

*During the installation I'm asked for a service account - I don't believe
I have any additional accounts on the computer - will I be required to
create another one as a service account? Additionally I am unable to
install due to the Visual C++ 2017 requirement. I have a number of
different Visual Studio Redistributables installed (I am unable to upload
an image as part of this support request). I do not feel comfortable
uninstalling them randomly but I do have one (2015-2022 x64 14.32.31332)
that seems to be more current than the one bundled with the installation.*