CH/TXT/VERSION.SERVER queries

Petr Špaček pspacek at isc.org
Mon Nov 21 17:26:51 UTC 2022

Speaking of default CHAOS zones, I have another idea:

Do we need them after NSID was standardized?

There is a lot of special code just for built-in CH zones, and IIRC we
have had at least one CVE which affected default config only because of
default CH usage.

Anand, what would be missing if special magic for CH is removed and you
are left with standard NSID?

Petr Špaček