How to introduce automatic signing for existing signed zones?

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Mon Nov 7 14:55:01 UTC 2022

Thank you for your speedy response, Matthijs.

On 7 Nov 2022, at 13:10, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> Ignore that, I saw too late there were attachments.

Perhaps I ought to have mentioned them explicitly.

> Are you able to share the public key and key state files with me so I
> can investigate why BIND thinks the existing keys cannot be used?

Off list, and PGP-protected, yes.

This will mean I'll end up having to change the parent DS RRs later on.
That seems a reasonable cost for getting to the root of the problem.

I have no key state files, except after starting named, and then only
for the RSA/SHA-256 and **newly-generated** ECDSA keys.  My current
signing process uses ldns-signzone, which seems not to use such files.

> Also, the log file looks like an excerpt.

No; that's everything named, as configured, writes.

> A full debug (level 3) log would be useful too.

I'll set up for that, and follow up off list.

Thanks and best regards,
Niall