"doth" test failing in 9.18.3

Michał Kępień michal at isc.org
Tue May 24 11:27:57 UTC 2022

Hi Josef,

> I'm in the process of upgrading openSUSE Tumbleweed to bind 9.18.3 and in
> doing so, also run the test suite. However, it fails in step
> FAIL: doth
>
> The log file says
> I:doth:testing incoming XoT functionality (from the first secondary) (2)
> I:doth:timed out waiting for zone transfer
>
> Is there anything I am missing?

I don't think you are missing anything.  The symptoms you described look
very similar to this issue:

    https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/3337

We are working on addressing the above, though feel free to open another
GitLab issue, attaching the entire contents of bin/tests/system/doth/
after the "doth" system test fails.  We could then make sure it is not a
different problem.

Thanks,

--
Best regards,