Supporting LOC RR's

Dan Mahoney danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed May 4 00:58:28 UTC 2022

I have in the past considered that putting these kinds of records in for anycast nodes (such as, but not limited to root DNS servers), so that a person can glean how far they are from the node serving them (gleaned via hostname.bind or NSID), would be useful and fun science, in that in this way all the info you need would be “in the DNS”.

The fun derivation of “shortest distance with highest latency” is a fun exercise for the audience.

-Dan