getting answers from DNS queries

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Tue May 3 12:38:10 UTC 2022

> On 3. 5. 2022, at 14:31, Gaurav Kansal <gaurav.kansal at nic.in> wrote:
>
> Yup. But if the DNS infra is under my control, then definitely the keys (which i have used for encryption) will also be with me. Am i missing something here ? 🧐

Then you need to make the private keys available to the monitoring software.

Also monitoring DNS traffic on the mirror doesn’t tell you anything **how** the DNS server sees the queries, so dnstap is going to be better solution for most deployments.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.