Chroot Bind failed to start

Paul Amaral razor at meganet.net
Tue Mar 15 13:37:42 UTC 2022

Neverminded, I was able to traceback my steps and realize a fat fingered a
DNS entry in one of the zones,  added two periods to an authoritative zone’
s DNS record, causing bind to fail to start. The concerning issue was there
was no error on the logs at all, making it hard to figure out the issue.

Which leads me to the next question, let’s say I’m authoritative for
regular zone ABC.com and I fat fingered its DNS record, ns1..something.com.
Why would this affect the bind instance from starting up? Like I said there
was nothing on the logs and I understand that might be due to the Centos PKG
itself. Just wondering why that mistake down bind down and how I can get
more meaningful logs on the logs even those a prepackaged bind version.

TIA

Paul