Forwarding zone, setup

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Mar 1 05:27:17 UTC 2022

On 2/28/22 1:47 PM, Gregory Sloop wrote:
> I figured before I beat my head against the wall for too long, I'd ask
> the real experts! :)

I'm definitely not an expert.  I don't even pretend to be one on T.V.

But I do wonder what, if any, sort of restrictions you are placing on
recursion on your system.

It's my (mis)understanding that recursion has some effect on forwarding
queries.  My limited understanding is recursion is another way of saying
if the server should chase the answer for you or not.  If it doesn't
have it in it's own data (authoritative and / or cache), then it's
recursion setting comes into play.

If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

--
Grant. . . .