ipv6 adoption

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Feb 16 13:49:59 UTC 2022

Am 16.02.22 um 14:25 schrieb Mark Tinka:
> On 2/16/22 14:38, Andrew Baker via bind-users wrote:
>
>> Firstly, we are running bind 9.11 on Debian 10 hosts.
>>
>>   * Is it worth use upgrading to Debian 11 to get the newer version of
>>     bind?
>>

> I don't run Linux, but shouldn't it be possible to just upgrade only
> BIND on your current Linux release, without having to change major OS
> versions?

not when you don't use 3rd party repos or build it at your own - the
whole point of a stable distibution is to not have random major-upgrades
of software

and unless you have no very good reason you should either stay at the
packages from your distribution or make a dist-upgrade

otherwise you end in the chaos MacOS and Windows are when it comes to
keep everything up-to-date and get security bugs fixed - linux
distributions are backporting security fixes