Bind: Standard Ports And Non Standard Ports

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Fri Feb 11 16:37:15 UTC 2022

Yes, look for “port” configuration in the documentation: https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_16_25/

You can configure the upstream to listen on non-standard port and the downstream to use it. We use this internally in the system tests.

As a side note please separate the technical questions and rants. The experience shows that sticking to the technical questions leads to more pleasant experience on the mailing list. Thanks.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.