"make test" not working?

Josef Moellers jmoellers at suse.de
Wed Feb 2 07:32:19 UTC 2022

On 01.02.22 18:13, Ondřej Surý wrote:

>> On 1. 2. 2022, at 15:28, Josef Moellers <jmoellers at suse.de> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Ondřej, for pushing my nose onto the fact that the test should be run as a non-privileged user. BTDTGT
>
> Well, you are welcome, but please **do** include all the modifications and all the steps
> you are doing when reporting bugs.  You omitted quite serious information about the
> build until the very last moment when you reported you found the issue.

I apologize for that.
My only excuse is that many times just raising the question whether
thisandthat really works gets me an answer "oops ... no ... there's
thisandthat that prevents it from working at the moment". But I should
have given the information as soon as possible. I'll try to do so in the
future.

AAMOF the bug does look like issue# 3069, more because the VM has only a
single core and a pretty small memory, so I first tried by adding
"--enable-querytrace" to configure's options, which caused the test to
completely hang, and then I increased the timeout value to 30 which did
not help either.
As the issue is already closed, I'll open a new one. But I'd like to
make a few additional tests first.

Josef
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH