Question about linking jemalloc with Bind 9.18.x when doing the compile.

Michal Nowak mnowak at isc.org
Wed Aug 3 07:48:00 UTC 2022

On 02/08/2022 18:46, Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR via bind-users wrote:
> Hello all
>
> We are getting ready to test Bind 9.18.x. Currently we are running the
> latest version of 9.16.x branch.
>
> We have downloaded and successfully installed the jemalloc module on the
> Server ( RHEL 7.9 OS) and getting ready to compile the latest version of
> Bind 9.18.x.
>
> Can someone please point me to some documentation which tells as to what
> exact flags/parameters to use to properly link jemalloc when we compile
> latest version of Bind 9.18.x using “configure” so that we get the
> compile correctly done in the first run.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sandeep

Sandeep,

not much is needed as BIND 9's ./configure script handles it for you
when jemalloc and jemalloc-devel packages are installed.

Just check that after ./configure is run, there are the following two lines:

     Optional features enabled:
         Memory allocator: jemalloc

Once BIND 9 is compiled, run "ldd /path/to/named" and look for the
jemalloc line, it should look similar to this:

     libjemalloc.so.2 => /lib64/libjemalloc.so.2 (0x00007f895f200000)

Michal