Attempting to configure an ISC BIND repository on Red Hat Linux 7.9

Michal Nowak mnowak at isc.org
Thu Apr 28 15:38:17 UTC 2022

On 28/04/2022 16:52, DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via
bind-users wrote:
> Dnf is not available. Therefore using yum
>
> Linux Red Hat 7.9 virtual machine on VMware, has internet connectivity
>
> Set up local repository in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org_results_isc_bind_epel-8-_.repo:
>
> [copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:isc:bind]
>
> name=Copr repo for bind owned by isc
>
> baseurl=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-$basearch/
>
> type=rpm-md
>
> skip_if_unavailable=False
>
> enabled=1
>
> enabled_metadata=1
>
> gpgcheck=0
>
> #gpgkey=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/pubkey.gpg
>
> repo_gpgcheck=0
>
> --changed gpgcheck and repo gpgcheck to ‘0’ and also commented out
> gpgkey=…..to try and get around the errors
>
> # yum install isc-bind: rcd an error related to an ssl cert—therefore
> set sslverify=0 in /etc/yum.conf
>
> now receiving error:
>https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 503 - Service Unavailable” for each of the sites
> in isc: https://
> download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/ (i.e.
> repeats 10 x)
>
> curl -k
> https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/
> <https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/>shows
> web page content so the connection is good
>
> # sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log does not show any output
>
> # firewall-cmd –list-all<and> --list-ports does not show any blocks or
> filters
>
> there are no entries in /var/log/yum.log (blank)
>
> no references to the issue in /var/log/messages
>
> internet search indicates a possible issue with the target site (which I
> doubt)
>
> I am relatively new to repository configuration, so I am assuming I am
> missing something.
>
> Thanks in advance for any input
>
> V/R
>
> Jim DeCaro

Can you start with the RHEL 7.9 system updated to the latest packages,
remove the
/etc/yum.repos.d/download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org_results_isc_bind_epel-8-_.repo
file, put
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/isc/bind/repo/epel-7/isc-bind-epel-7.repo
to /etc/yum.repos.d/, and tell us what's the command's output when you
try to install "isc-bind"?

It wasn't clear to me what was the error before you started disabling
things in download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org_results_isc_bind_epel-8-_.repo.

Michal