[External] : Re: NS query on bind9

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed Sep 15 08:47:14 UTC 2021

Really, please read the RFCs and don’t try to reverse engineer a DNS server.
You will get it wrong.  As a recursive server developer we are sick and tired
of people who do half baked DNS implementations because they failed to take
the time to read the specifications.

Read the errata. Read the updating RFC.

RFC 1034, 4.3.2. Algorithm
RFC 8906, 3.1.2. Unknown/Unsupported Type Queries

Your type list is also too short to meet the minimal set of types needed for
an interoperable server.  Read the other half of STD13, RFC 1035.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka at isc.org