Corrupted Slave Data?

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Thu May 20 13:43:02 UTC 2021

On 20/05/2021 15:30, Tim Daneliuk via bind-users wrote:

Hi Tim,

> Recently - and for no obvious reason - the on-prem instance stops resolving
> properly.  The fix is to stop it, clear out the slave files, and restart.
> Then it works for a few days and repeats its misbehavior.
>
> The logs show nothing remarkable, at least at first look.
>
> Is there a known slave file corruption problem?
>
> Could someone kindly suggest things we could look into otherwise?

This is not a useful report at all. Your statement, "the on-prem
instance stops resolving properly", provides absolutely no useful
information about the failure. You haven't provided any configuration
details either. All you're saying is "I have a problem. Help!" We are
not mind-readers, and can't even begin to imagine what might be wrong.

If you provide more details about your configuration, and about what
kind of failure you're observing (dig queries and responses, for
example), then perhaps some people might be able to assist you.

Regards,
Anand