BIND 9 ARM, html/pdf not in the source?

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Sun May 16 21:45:06 UTC 2021

> On 16. 5. 2021, at 22:20, Chuck Aurora <ca at nodns4.us> wrote:
>
> Yes, I saw that.  But the HTML markup is super nice to go to
> hyperlinked settings and related documentation sections.  Will
> the HTML documentation no longer be available at all, other
> than to access it online?

1. install sphinx-build (pip(3) install sphinx sphinx-rtd-theme)
2. make html
3. (xdg-)open doc/arm/_build/html/index.html

or just download it from:

https://bind9.readthedocs.io/_/downloads/en/v9_16_15/pdf/
https://bind9.readthedocs.io/_/downloads/en/v9_16_15/htmlzip/
https://bind9.readthedocs.io/_/downloads/en/v9_16_15/epub/

> I don't get why a free software project
> would shut out input from non-users of a third-party service.

Umm, what? The ISC GitLab is run by ISC. All the data is handled
by ISC.

But even if it wasn’t - it’s about choices where to invest the time.
Do you want us rather improving the code because we can focus
or rather the development team should invest the time to scan
multiple sources for incoming issues? I think that the rational choice
here is obvious.

I can chit-chat here as much as I like because it’s Sunday and I was
waiting for the vaccination registration to be open for my age group,
but as long as I am fully in the work mode, I need a single source of
truth for all the issues, all the merge requests, so I don’t spend much
time on searching “where the heck the information was” because it’s
all in the one place. I don’t think it’s too much to ask a little bit of
inconvenience from the users, so we can actually focus on fixing
bugs and improving the software.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)