Advice on Bind9/ISC DHCP cluster

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:19:41 UTC 2021

Hello,

I would like to implement a 3 hosts cluster with the following features:

1- host1 is a bind9 master
2- host2 is a bind9 slave/ISC DHCP primary
3- host3 is a bind9 slave/ISC DHCP secondary
4- primary ISC DHCP instance sends dynamic updates to bind9 master
5- secondary ISC DHCP instance sends dynamic updates to bind9 master
6- DNS clients queries Bind9 slaves (hosts 2 and 3)
7- DNS updates are made on Bind9 master

I can accept to loose (either static or dynamic) updates if host1 is down

1. Is it possible to implement both 4 and 5 ?
2. Any alternative architecture (I can use up to 5 hosts) ?

Best regards