Address match lists syntax, was Managing localhost

Alessandro Vesely vesely at tana.it
Fri Jun 25 10:50:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

I found a number of allow-query {localhost;}; and similar stuff in my .conf
files.  It doesn't seem to be allowed, since the manual says:

     The elements which constitute an address match list can be any of the
     following:

       *  an IP address (IPv4 or IPv6)
       *  an IP prefix (in `/' notation)
       *  a key ID, as defined by the key statement
       *  the name of an address match list defined with the acl statement
       *  a nested address match list enclosed in braces

However, named-checkconf doesn't complain.   I could fix that by defining an
acl named localhost.  But do I need to?

Best
Ale