Windows support has been discontinued in BIND 9.17+ (Was: Important: A significant flaw is present in June BIND releases 9.16.17 and 9.17.14)

Peter legacyone at virginmedia.com
Sat Jun 19 14:40:39 UTC 2021

My config runs fine on BIND 9.17.12 so its not the config I even install
bind in C:\BIND with a VERY simple config that 9.17.12 runs that 9.16.18
does not and I installed 9.16.18 on a vary new system it simply does not
run.

named.conf

options {
     forward only;
     forwarders { 192.168.255.62;192.168.53.2; };
};