Limit actions on control channel?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jun 17 19:48:36 UTC 2021

I see I can define (using the 'controls' statement) a 'read-only' inet
channel. I suspect I could define a couple of channels on the same
address if I put them on different ports. Is there a way to define a
single 'read-write' channel, and then limit certain keys to read-only
access on it?

Here's the scenario:

I'd like to have a single control channel listening (on port 953, for
example). I'd like to say the key named "foo" can do lots of things, but
the key named "bar" can only submit a "status" message. This would let
our monitoring application ask for "status" without also letting it ask
for "reload" or "flushname".

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration