Need Help with BIND9

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 15 08:31:58 UTC 2021

Am 14.06.21 um 22:37 schrieb techlists at phpcoderusa.com:
>> keiththewebguy.com [1]. does not actually have the two nameservers
>> required though that is not the problem. (ns1 and ns2 have same IP)
>
> I have a VPS that runs Plesk and there is only one name server so for
> every domain I have hosted on that VPS the domains have the same name
> server for both host names (at the register) I think some call these
> glue records.

we know that already and it's wrong

you can't have proper DNS with only one nameserver
you can't have proper DNS with two nameservers in the same network or on
the same line

if you can't provide the minimum of *two* completly independent
nameservers you can't host DNS - it's that easy

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ nslookup ns1.thelounge.net 8.8.8.8
Server:         8.8.8.8
Address:        8.8.8.8#53
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   ns1.thelounge.net
Address: 85.124.176.242

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ nslookup ns2.thelounge.net 8.8.8.8
Server:         8.8.8.8
Address:        8.8.8.8#53
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   ns2.thelounge.net