No more support for windows

Paul Kosinski bind at iment.com
Sat Jun 5 16:37:56 UTC 2021

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:58:40 -0700
Gregory Sloop <gregs at sloop.net> wrote:

> This feels a lot like responding to trolls, but I'll instead assume that you're asking (or making a point) in good faith.
>
> So, we'll stipulate that - you're actually interested in truth and knowledge.
>
> So, it's easily compiled on Mac, Unix, FreeBSD, Linux, SunOS, RaspPi, etc.
> And it compiles on a huge range of hardware, CPU's etc.
>
> I'd consider that highly portable.

I'd consider it moderately portable.

Among Open Source software, I'd consider the following highly portable: Firefox, Chromium, LibreOffice, Thunderbird, Claws-Mail, Scribus, Inkscape, Gimp, Krita, VLC, QT(!) and who knows how many others that run on Unix-like systems *and* on Windows.

And among closed source software, Chrome is obviously highly portable (by Google), and Acrobat Reader and Flash (RIP) are highly portable (by Adobe).

P.S. I am not a fan of Windows, but it is widespread, and many people even use it for Internet servers.