Without IPv6 half of the queries yield SERVFAIL

Peter pmc at citylink.dinoex.sub.org
Fri Aug 6 09:10:07 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 07:22:32AM +0200, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
! > ! I tried to use this recommendation, https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-00206,
! > ! marking all IPv6 addrs as bogus, but it does not make a difference in
! > ! behaviour.
! >
! > Update: Actually there is a difference if this recommended
! > configuration is present or not - only the NXDOMAIN outcome is the
! > same in both cases.
!
! Have you tried:
!
! listen-on-v6    { none; };

No, I have

listen-on-v6    { ::1; };

And as I understand, this is something different: this is where named
will respond to queries from clients, while my issue is with the
servers named asks when doing recursive resolve.
If anything, then "query-source-v6" would be the appropriate one, but
that doesn't seem to allow "none;".

rgds,
PMc