What is the proper way to delegate to a private / hidden sub-domain?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 6 20:10:56 UTC 2020

On 5/6/20 1:44 PM, Bob Harold wrote:
> Good questions.

:-)

> I think one possibility (to avoid anycast) is to have an internal and
> external view for the "example.net" zone, so it can delegate the lab
> zones to different servers internally and externally.

But how do you do that if the internal and external views are on
different servers with completely different IPs?

I ask because now you're back to the same issue, just at the parent
domain:  How does the net zone delegate to different example zones
depending on if the client is internal or external.

I don't see any options that avoid anycast.

> But that can make the "example.net" zone harder to manage. It would
> be easier to have a split view for "split.example.net" and lab zones
> "lab#.split.example.net", if the extra level was acceptable.
Please elaborate on what you mean by "split view" hear.  I'm used to
"split view DNS" being tantamount to what I would use views for.  Which,
as previously stated, won't work in this case because the different
views are hosted on different servers.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die