DoH plugin for BIND

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon May 4 11:58:12 UTC 2020

Erich Eckner <bind at eckner.net> wrote:

> Will there be client-side DoT/DoH support in bind, too? E.g. will my recursive
> (or forwarding) resolver be able to resolve upstream dns via those?

At the moment the specifications are not yet done for encrypted DNS
between recursive and authoritative servers. It's very difficult to signal
in a DNS delegation that an authoritative server supports encryption, in a
way that is reasonably fast and secure. And it's even harder to make
changes to EPP, or to persuade registrars to support anything new.

Tony.
North Fitzroy, Sole: Easterly 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9 in Sole,
becoming cyclonic 4 to 6. Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough in Sole.
Rain or thundery showers, fog patches. Moderate, occasionally very poor.