delv 9.16.0, failed to add trusted key '.': ran out of space

Shaun bind-users at shat.net
Fri Feb 28 18:57:16 UTC 2020

Hi,

The 9.16.0 version of delv seems to have trouble reading the root trust
anchor from the bind.keys file. I'm seeing this in multiple environments,
CentOS 6.10 and FreeBSD 11.3:

[user at host ~]$ delv -v
delv 9.16.0
[user at host ~]$ delv isc.org
;; /etc/bind.keys:31: failed to add trusted key '.': ran out of space
;; setup_dnsseckeys: failure

Attempting to rule out a problem with my local bind.keys, I grabbed a
fresh copy, but delv produces the same output:

[user at host ~]$ wget -qO /tmp/bind.keys.916 https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/raw/v9_16/bind.keys
[user at host ~]$ delv -a /tmp/bind.keys.916 isc.org
;; /tmp/bind.keys.916:31: failed to add trusted key '.': ran out of space
;; setup_dnsseckeys: failure

The above output is from CentOS but the behavior is identical on FreeBSD.
Has anyone observed delv 9.16.0 to work in these environments? Before
opening a bug I want to make sure I didn't goof something on my end.

Thanks,

Shaun