Should we remove the DLV code?

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at isc.org
Mon May 20 10:34:19 UTC 2019

Dear BIND 9 users,

The BIND 9 development team has been discussing whether we should remove
the DLV code from the BIND 9 source. Reasons for doing this:

* The zone dlv.isc.org has been decommissioned some time ago.
* It will make the code much easier to maintain, which is beneficial for
users too since that will mean in general less bugs, easier to find
bugs, and easier to extend it with new features.

Before rigorously start chopping, we would like to know if there are
still users using it, and if so for what, or if you have other reasons
to believe this code should stay, please speak up, on the list or
personally to me.

Thank you,

Matthijs