nsupdate reject

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon May 20 00:27:47 UTC 2019

Trying to update some DNS under a relatively newly installed bin 9.14 with nsupdate.

I have a file admin.key that looks basically like this:
key "rndc-key" {
       algorithm hmac-sha256;
       secret "SECRETSTUFF=";
 };

This is the same key block that is in named.conf. I am launching NSLOOKUP with -k admin.key, but when I try to make a change and then "send", I get "update failed: REFUSED."

Is this not the key that is wanted? It appears to be the only key I have. Do I need to change to some different key type for bind 9.14, or am I forgetting something else.

I did make some changes to the DNS back in 9/12 several months ago, and I don't recall having to even provide the key then.

--
There's a race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't stay still So
they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will.