v9.12.1-P2 changed files

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Sat May 19 01:03:57 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 04:28:24PM -0400, Jim Popovitch via bind-users wrote:
> Honest question.... Why are there so many sourcecode
> modifications/additions/deletions between v9.12.1 and v9.12.1-P2?  Some
> files should obviously change between minor versions, but ~1300 ?

Are you sure you're comparing against 9.12.1? I think you might be looking
at a 9.11 release.  The list in your pastebin link mentioned files in
lib/lwres having been removed, but those files weren't in 9.12.1, they
were removed in 9.12.0.

According to the git repo, the only source files that were modified between
9.12.1 and 9.12.1-P2 are:

        lib/dns/rbtdb.c
        lib/dns/zone.c
        lib/ns/include/ns/query.h
        lib/ns/query.c

And all other differences are from rebuilding the documentation with the
new version number.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.