are journal files required on slave?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Mar 14 14:20:55 UTC 2018

> I have now set
>         max-journal-size 50M;
> and restartet bind a few times. But the journal files are still GBytes.
> When should Bind flush the journal into the zone file?

I think `rndc sync` should do what you want. I can't remember what the
internal triggers for journal compacting are (probably the next ixfr
and/or zone maintenance).

> Also, next to the zone and journal files I do have left-over tmp files
> [snip example] Is it save to delete them?

Yes.

Tony.
Irish Sea: Southeast 7 to severe gale 9, decreasing 5 or 6. Rough or very
rough, becoming moderate. Occasional rain. Good occasionally poor.