"chase DS servers" while setting up a Split-DNS-Server with

Johannes Kastl mail at ojkastl.de
Tue Feb 14 12:28:59 UTC 2017

On 14.02.17 13:24 MURTARI, JOHN wrote:
> Johannes,
> 	Noted your message below.  I might suggest you check out the 'views' feature of BIND.  You may find it a lot easier to setup/manage.  Some starting info:  https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00851/0/Understanding-views-in-BIND-9-by-example.html
> 	Best regards!
> John

Hi John,

I actually know about it and have set this up in my internal net for
another project.

But I think in this case it is not applicable. I have no *one* server,
that serves both internal and external queries. I have an external
somewhere outside my net, that I have no direct access to (provider
server atm). And I have my internal one, that cannot be reached from
outside my lan.

Or am I missing something with the views? Did you mean the first
resolving server should have another view acting as an authoritative
server for my zone?

Johannes