BIND statistics?

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Wed Nov 16 13:45:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I need to create some statistics for our BIND resolvers here. One of the measures is the number of unique ip addresses per day which are querying our resolvers.

I've already checked "rndc stats" output as well as BIND's XML statistics channels. But I didn't found any value that satisfies this question.

Another way could be to apply some "grep | sort --unique" logic to the named_querylog file(s). But those files are around >2Gig per day and resolver here. That's to much work...

Is there another way to get this measure?

--
Regards

Thomas