The DDOS attack on DYN & RRL ?

Moritz Muller moritz.muller at sidn.nl
Tue Nov 1 07:23:28 UTC 2016

My co-authors and I wrote a paper about the events at the DNS root servers on 2015-11-30.
On this date, the root servers received a high number of queries (but by far not as many as Dyn) and since most of the Root letters were using anycast, we were able to observe how this had an impact on their reachability.
One of our takeaways was, that more DNS anycast site did have an impact on the reachability.

http://www.isi.edu/%7ejohnh/PAPERS/Moura16a.pdf

Moritz