Cannot get ./configure to create Makefile for Bind 9.10.3-P4. Please help!

Majid Mir majidcompilingbind at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 21:11:21 UTC 2016

Hello all

I am trying to compile Bind 9.10.3-P4 from source and whenever I try to run
the following:

./configure --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc/bind --with-openssl
--disable-openssl-version-check --no-create --no-recursion

I receive the following error after the configuration script is fully
executed:

configure: creating ./config.status
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.

When I try to run make, I get:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Yet in both the untarred source code directory as well as the make
directory within it, both have a Makefile.in file.

I have absolutely no idea how to get this configure script to create the
makefile!  I have to use those configuration options because that is what
we used on our previous installs (Bind 9.10.1)  on other servers. Also when
I run ./configure without any options, the make file is created with no
issues!  I am totally confused

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!