PCS, Corosync, Pacemaker, and Bind

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 09:14:24 UTC 2016

On 15/03/16 23:06, Mike Bernhardt wrote:

> So, I'm hoping that either
> 1) There is a way to tell BIND to use an IP address that is not on an
> interface, or

I don't think there is.

I can think of all kinds of horrible workarounds - iptables SNAT, shell
script doing a config-change & rndc reconfig on pcs failover.

But in general I'd agree with what Tony Finch said - give some thought
to why you're caring about these source IPs.

TBH having used pcs/corosync I'm really curious what your use-case is.
It seems massive overkill for having highly-available DNS.